September 15, 2008

Pretty in Pink n Purple


dailydye3
Originally uploaded by tikkagirl
Here are the results of my dyenight. On the left we have my handspun wool. The original fiber was a carded blend of cream and brown. The result is a toned down wineypink yarn. Little Pea (LP) loves it and into a hat it will go. At the top right is a laceweight cashmere that sat in the same pot as the wool beside it. The cashmere was originally creamy white and it sat on the top of the pot. Both of these factors contributed to the bright wineypink end product. In the lower right corner we have laceweight yak yarn. The yak started out as a natural yak color, a dark heathery grey. Add to that a strong redpurple and this is the result! I didn't mean to dye yak to EXACTLY match my bathroom towels, but obviously, my color leanings follow me wherever I go.

Will I sell these? Will I knit with these? Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Murray said...

Hi Sky - the easy solution to your shipping issue is to have it shipped to me then I will send it on to you. An option.
Love the colors - and the blog.
Jen (but I think the comment will come under Murray's name - too many google accounts!

Krisova said...

Wow, Teal. Such fun reading about your experiments. Can you talk more about yak yarn? What does it compare to? I love the look of that purple, well actually all the yarns pictured look lovely.

It's bedtime for the little one here so I better go, thanks for writing.
Kris