January 15, 2009

Etsy Repercussions

What are the repercussions of selling things on Etsy?

Buying things on Etsy!! Of course!

I am learning so much about how to tag & market my yarn from my Etsy Group on Ravelry. In response to that I am 'shopping' for my own yarn to see how my yarn appears in searches. My, my, it is amazing the beautiful things I am finding. giggle giggle. So far, I haven't bought anything and I do eventually find my own yarn. But look at this Handdyed Silk Lace Yarn, by SunnysideEllen. drooooool. Or what about this Imaginary Friend notebook by Shoofly. Really, anything she draws on is pretty darn cool. I am in love with all the talented people out there. For anyone who hasn't gone to Etsy.com you should go, right now, before you finish reading this blog. My one recommendation is to favorite anything you really like. It is really hard to find it days or weeks later. I like favoriting (is that a word?) sellers instead of items because if I like one item, I probably like lots of items by that seller. Of course, you could favorite Snarl Design right now because I will slowly be adding yarns to keep items showing up in the early part of searches and I am SURE you all want to be part of the excitement. Please excuse the blatant advertising, but this is MY blog after all.

Well, off to post a couple items and then return to the mundane life of doing laundry.

2 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Love the red! I found you on Ravelry. I'm in Eagle River too. :)

Tikkagirl said...

Cool! Do you hang out at The Tangled Skein? I read a bit of your blog--you have been on quite the journey! Good job on the weight loss.