January 21, 2009

Computer Withdrawals

4 DAYS!

4 Lonnng days without access to a computer. Our former dog (who will remain anonymous because while I loved the dog's name, I hated the dog) partially chewed our computer cable and we have been nursing it along with electrical tape. Being careful not to let the sparks light anything on fire. Well, last Saturday, the sparks flew a little too heavy and the power ceased to flow through the mighty cord. Result--NO COMPUTER. I had no idea how addicted I am to this flat little black box. I missed the warmth on my lap, the hum in my ear...it was like an old friend went missing. My desk looked empty. I had to watch movies on the couch, looking at the bad TV. No up close & personal movies, snuggled in bed with the computer. No hourly checks to Etsy, no casual shopping, no pointless FB exchanges.

Until now. If I had known it cost a mere $25 bucks to fix the cord I would have avoided the months of trying not to burn the house down and fixed the damn cord!

The computer joy I am now experiencing is mainly because I found the Fluevog site. (hum your favorite dreamy song to go along with the next picture.)Lambchop

Aren't they beautiful? I think I need to knit something to match them. Not that I own them, or ever will. But I feel inspired by them. I could wear these boots all winter and never worry about looking like I come from Talkeetna. sigh. sigh. I want these. I think I will knit a school bag inspired by Fluevog's Lambchop shoes.

But first, I have a little hockey sweater to finish.

No comments: