March 5, 2009

Snarl Design New Product Release

Needle Holders for the discerning Knitter/Crocheter/Crafter!!

Below are pics for the holders soon to be listed at Snarl Design on Etsy. This here is a sneak preview! You can find more colors locally at The Tangled Skein in Eagle River. I hang mine in my studio and find that I can actually find my needles on a regular basis. That is, if I put them away...or finish a project.


The holders are designed to be hung on the wall. Each holder has 37-42 pockets in varying sizes.
For example the Purple Batik case pictured here in the blog has these pockets:
4 3/4" x 4 7/8" (11)
1" x 4 7/8" (22)
7 1/2" x 4 7/8" (1)
3 5/8" x 3 1/2" (4)

Holders are 20-21"x 7 1/2-8" in overall size. They are made from 100% Cotton fabric and each pocket is lined with muslin. Pocket divisions are double stitched for strength and eyelets are 1/4" metal. There are 14 tabs on the side pre-labeled in US Knitting Needle sizes or you can request them blank, mm needle sizes or just not there at all. The tab changes would be if you request a custom made holder.

Below is a Fiddlesticks Holder.


Needles not included with purchase.

It was very humbling that I could find only 1 full set of double point needles to fill the holders for pictures. Somewhere in this house there are a whole bunch of WIP's full of double points, waiting for me to find them and finish them.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Those look fantastic! Great design and I love your fabric choices!

leFiligree said...

holy smokes! these are cool! i am so glad i waited patiently to see these lovelies. are the tabs written in ink or thread? looks like a ton of work and love went into these :)

Tikkagirl said...

Thank you both!

The numbers are in wash-fast ink. Good question & I will have to add those details on Etsy. Sooo, many details.

Jen said...

Oh, these are great. Such a good idea. I need one!

Anonymous said...

There you are! I was wondering where you'd gone, but I guess you've just been busy!

It's Maya, from SP, and I've been wondering a few things - first, does etsy actually pay you enough to cover your labour and creative effort, as *well* as your material costs? I'm not as creative as you, but I have been known to knit a few things - and have been wondering. :)

Those holders look gorgeous - you've got such talent! :)

Cheers,
Maya